AA meet in Shannow FRC:
Every Wednesday at 8.00pm
Al Anon meet in Shannow FRC:
Every Monday at 8.30pm
The Shannow Women’s group is a newly established group, which began meeting in January 2017.
As well as meeting weekly on a Tuesday during the term for tea/coffee, chat and fun the group also plan day trips that they thoroughly enjoy. The group have completed the following classes:
- Craft including knitting, quilting. making wreaths
- Diet & Mood, with nutritionist and chef Maxine Brown
- Essential oil and nutrition workshop with Lorna McCormack
- Colour Me Beautiful with Niamh Smyth
- Occupational First Aid
- Plenty more activities planned for 2019 so check our website or facebook page for updates
Tuesday from 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Contact the centre for more information
The group love entering competitions such as Feile na Mblath and produce shows like the Kingdom County Fair.
Thanks to the IPB Community Engagement Fund the group established a very successful Poly tunnel to the rear of the building and a number raised beds to the front of the building.
The group avail of Gardening classes through Kerry Education and Training Board twice a year.
This dedicated group meet every Thursday morning from 11 am to 1 pm